Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Traveling

Hello, Web-Wide World.

If you know me, you know I like to travel.
And travel I do.

This week,
Joel, my best friend from high school, and I
are road-tripping it to Chicago
by way of Pittsburgh
and Cleveland
and Grand Rapids
and Wheaton
(none of you have probably heard of the last place, but whatever. Trust me, it's significant.)

In honor of that
I wanted to share with you
my three favorite road trip songs:

1. "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts
Ever since I first watched Disney's Cars, I've been in love with this song.
Don't ask me why.

2. "Country Roads" by John Denver
It's a classic, right?
But perhaps you think it's overplayed ...?

3. "All Summer Long" by Kid Rock
Tributes to Lynyrd Skynyrd and summer living, it's a fun song.
And it hit the radio while I was driving the mountain roads of West Virginia on my way home from my first true road-trip ... Good Times.

My friend Joel's favorite road trip song?
Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Lookin' Out My Back Door."

And his friend Sam's a big fan of
the Doobie Bros.'   "Rockin' Down the Highway."

So ... that's us.

What songs remind you most of the open road,
wild and free,
taking it easy?

1 comment:

  1. Hey that car looks familiar...Could it be??? No red stripe, is it a fake?

    ReplyDelete