Sunday, February 26, 2012

It's Move-ing Time, Time to Say Goodbye and then Hello



Hello, All-Who-Come-By-This-Here-Little-Corner-of-the-Web-to-Read-My-Somewhat-Unconventional-Posts!

I'm moving.

This Blogger-Powered Blog has served very well this past year for what I wanted to do : write "reviews" (of music I heard or movies I saw) in a way that helped others enjoy the art deeper, or even at a more basic level helped others see all musical and cinematic culture as "Art."  If somebody made it, then they made it with a purpose. And just as filmmakers and musicians have a responsibility to make their art well, viewers and listeners should out of respect care enough to watch and listen well too.

That is to say, I don't subscribe to a High Art / Low Art kind of mentality - though I recognize sometimes filmmakers and musicians have a particular audience in mind. But I believe all art can be 'good' art, if we only take the time to care.

And that's what this blog has been about : taking the time to care.

So if you're here, now that I've moved, I hope you'll take the time to look through the posts and see if you find anything interesting. As always, feel free to leave a comment if you have one.

And then, rest assured : My project is not yet done. It has only moved.
So please join me at   www.jeffreypaulcoleman.com/movie-music-reviews/
We'll continue the discussion there.

No comments:

Post a Comment